Saturday, January 27, 2007

Cowboy Hats and Whataburger: Part II

So what do i like about Texas? Well, though they do lack Wawa's (if you're from or have ever spent a considerable amount of time in Philly you know and love Wawa), on the other hand I can buy beer from grocery stores here due to the fact that they don't have the stupid alcohol laws present in Pennsylvania. I love Pennsylvania, but the liquor laws there are retarded. You can only buy alcohol from state laws and no beer in grocery stores or gas stations. Of course, that means both beer and alcohol are also more expensive there. Sure the state gets money, but the citizens get screwed the fuck over. In Texas? I can get a six-pack of Blue Moon for $7.50. Slap your grandma!
My other new favorite thing about Texas is Whataburger. It's the Texas answer to Cali's In-N-Out. Whataburger, though, also serves breakfast and is open 24 hours a day. Plus the burgers are big and delicious. Bad for you? Hell yeah. But if you'e worried about your health you shouldn't be eating at a fast food joint. And for an extra 59 cents you can add jalapenos to any burger. Good deal. It's still not Pat's, but not too shabby. I foresee many drunken nights ending in a trip to Whataburger. My only complaint thus far is of their new BBQ Chicken sandwich. I mean, the chicken was good, but it just really had too much BBQ sauce. Otherwise, pretty damn good. Now if only they can get me some Yuengling down here...

No comments: