Monday, June 2, 2008

Some Extremely Random Thoughts

So Mutt Lange cheated on Shania Twain. Here's Mutt Lange. Here's Shania Twain. And there goes my faith in anything

So all this talk about Obama being an elitist -um, isn't that a good thing? Don't you want your president to be smarter and, for all intensive purposes, better than the average person? I mean, you don't want the president of the freaking United States of America to be Joe Six-pack, do you? Plus, how can you call Obama elitist and not call McCain and Hilary Clinton the same thing? Take a look at this article. Both McCain and Clinton are worth a considerable amount more than Obama. And Obama's the elitist? Please. Every presidential candidate's an elitist. Give me a break.

So everyone's heard of Jimmy Fallon taking over Conan's show in 2009 when Conan takes over Leno's Tonight Show. Is anyone really excited about this? Does ANYONE actually like Fallon? He's not funny, he ruined every SNL skit he was on by laughing un-professionally, and he made that awful Fever Pitch movie. And we're giving him his own late night TV show? Um... why? How is he gonna be good in any shape or form? Whatever. I guess I can switch over to ABC and catch the second half of Kimmel's show.
I'm excited for Conan moving to an earlier time. I love his show. He's easily one of the funniest people on the planet, and now I'll be able to watch his show and still sleep at a reasonable time. The question arises though, can Conan spread his small but loyal audience into a widespread one?
It's easy to take shots at Jay Leno. His show isn't really edgy and he generally takes the easy joke. But the thing is, you know what you're getting with him. I think Letterman as a person is much funnier than Leno, but for some reason I always watch Leno's show (part of this reason is due to the fact that Paul Schafer annoys the fuck out of me). Leno's always there, he always gets big name guests, and, if it means anything, he is dependable to at least be somewhat entertaining (plus Jaywalking's pretty funny, right?). Conan's jokes can be hit-or-miss. When they miss he gets bailed out by his audience and his natural self-deprecating personality,, but will he be able to pull that off with a much larger viewership? Conan's humor can definitely be edgy and racy sometimes; which is perfect for his late night time slot. It will be interesting to see if he tones down the edginess (or if NBC makes him) when he takes over the Tonight Show. I hope he doesn't tone anything down or change his format. I hope he'll be able to convert non-believers into appreciating his unique blend of humor, but I have my doubts. Bland, stale humor tends to reign supreme on TV (see Two and a Half Men), and that is one thing Conan never has been. It'll be interesting to see how the whole situation shapes out. There's a good possibility NBC could be making a huge mistake (financially speaking) by letting Leno walk.

I forget if I've talked about those stupid fucking roller shoes that little kids are wearing now-a-days. God I hate those pieces of shit. I swear every time I'm just trying to get some food at the grocery store I get cut off by some dumbass kid. Then, as I brake the cart to a sharp halt so I don't run over precious, the little fuck looks up as the cart stops an inch from his face and says "oh". Really?? You almost got run the fuck over cause you were too busy rolling on your stupid god damned shoes! Why do these even exist? Just put on some roller blades and get outside. There is no reason for shoes to have little wheels on them. I'm pretty sure they're the first sign of the Apocalypse.

I'm excited for the Lakers-Celtics NBA finals, even if ESPN is gonna drown us to death with build-up to the series (evidenced by 1987 Celtics-Lakers finals match-up they showed tonight.... and not on ESPN Classic, but on regualr ESPN). It should be competitive and we get two of the fiercest athletes of my generation, in Kobe and KG, going head-to-head against each other. I'll be cheering for KG to get his first elusive ring... but it's hard to not go with the Lakers. With Kobe, Pau, Odom, a good supporting cast and a hall of fame coach they're gonna be tough to beat. I'll take the Lakers in 7.

Ryan Reynolds is gonna play Deadpool in the new Wolverine movie. Deadpool's probably my favorite comic book character ever, and the only 'super hero' who's book I actually bought and followed when I was younger. So this movie better be awesome, and Reynolds, you better do an awesome job.

I liked the new Indiana Jones movie. It was fun and fast-paced. The two hours honestly flew by like that. People keep hating on it, but I'm not sure why. People complain that the aliens were too much. Oh, and that thing that melted Nazis wasn't? C'mon. You can't go into the movie expecting realism or some sore of epic, Oscar caliber movie. It's fricking Inidana Jones. You go to watch fights, explosions, travels in foreign lands, and snakes.... and that's exactly what you got. A great movie for the ages? Of course not. But a great way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon? You bet your ass it was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm at work surfing around your blog from mmy new iphone!

Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and llook frward to all your posts!
Carrey on the excellent work!

My page ... garcinia cambogia Pills