Saturday, March 29, 2008

Elite Eight Predictions

Okay, so 7 out of 8 isn't bad, right? And c'mon, being from Philly, I had to pick Nova. But whatever. Hopefully the Elite 8 games are better than the Sweet 16. Blow-outs suck. So here's my predictions:

1 - UNC over 3 - Louisville - UNC hasn't been challenged yet. Louisville might be more of a challenge for them, but I don't see this one being all that close.

1 - Kansas over 10 - Davidson - I love this Davidson team. They're fun to watch, and before yesterday I would've had them beating Kansas. But watching Kansas just completely nullify Nova's perimeter game was too impressive. It's close with a lot of lead changes, but I have Kansas winning in the end. Just too many good players on that Jayhawks team.

2 - Texas over 1 - Memphis - Both teams are real good. Memphis impressed the hell out of me with their athleticism, but I really DJ Augustin and this Texas team. Plus we can't have an all number 1 Final Four, right?? Texas by the slimmest of margins.

1 - UCLA over 3 - Xavier - UCLA's too good, that simple. Plus I have them going all the way... I can't back track now.

There they are. I can totally see Davidson, Memphis or Xavier winning though. It's just too close. Plus I'll totally be rooting for Davidson to take out Kansas. You gotta love March Madness.

No comments: