Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Screw You Obama

So I was really happy with the election of Barack Obama. It's nice to have an intelligent, eloquent man as our president. In general I enjoy hearing Barack speak. He's extremely articulate and tends to actually answer questions that are asked of him. Now, before Obama was elected he took out a 30 minute spot before game 5 of the World Series. I wasn't all that pleased by this, but it wasn't that big of a transgression.
Let's explain one thing here first. I'm a big television fan. That being said, Monday's are probably the best TV night of the week....Chuck, Heroes. Big Bang Theory, and How I Met Your Mother. I look forward to my Monday nights like a crack addict looks forward to his next fix. My Monday night schedules are intricately planned around my shows. So when I heard Obama was gonna be doing a little talk thing from 8 to 8:30, I wasn't exactly enthralled. But still, he's gonna change the world etc. etc..... so fine, whatever. At 8:30 I turned on CBS to watch the excellent How I Met Your Mother, and what do I find?....Obama's still on! WTF?! Barack ended up not being done til 9. How I Met Your Mother DID NOT AIR! Now President Obama, if you're gonna talk for an hour, so be it, but don't fucking tell me that you're gonna be done by 8:30 and get me all excited to watch a show only to tune in and find you still talking. Not cool. You get a pass this time, but if it happens again, well, I smell impeachment.

Oh, and a note to the reporter that asked Obama what he thought about A-Rod admitting that he did steroids. Really?? You get one question to ask the president, and that's it? You gotta be fucking me. What the hell did you expect him to say? Unless Obama's gonna be like 'I love 'roids, I use them all the damned time' that's a useless fucking question. You know the answer! And honestly, does this shock anyone? Baseball was already more or less a joke, and no one likes Rodriguez anyways. Um, and pretty sure we have more important concerns than a baseball player doing steroids 6 years ago. Get your fucking priorities straight.

No comments: