Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thumbs Down to the IGN Babe Election

When I first saw that IGN was doing a tournament-style bracket to determine, in their words "the ultimate eye-candy," I was quite enthusiastic. I mean, what guy doesn't like ranking girls based on their looks? This would be fun!
IGN had amassed a pretty thorough list of hot girls to rank (though the omissions of Halle Berry, Adrianne Palicki, Anna Paquin and Mila Kunis are a bit disconcerting). For the most part, I can't argue with the results thus far. I wouldn't have had Megan Fox beat Keira Knightley, but it's understandable. I'm really just a sucker for Keira's accent. Scarlett beating Hayden and Petra Nemcova beating Jennifer Garner are close calls, but oh well, I can live with that. There was one result, though, that I simply could not digest.
Now I'm a big fan of the show Chuck. For the last 1+ season it's been a fun, fairly brainless show, an excellent lead-in to the drama filled hour that will be Heroes. Chuck has likable characters that were properly developed, an excellent supporting cast, and the right blend of action, humor, and romance to keep things interesting. That being said, I'd be lying if I said that the best part of the show was anything other than Yvonne Strahovski. I don't know why this girl doesn't get talked about more often; she is absolutely, completely, unequivocally smoking hot. Like ridiculously so. She may be the hottest blonde I have ever seen and I don't think there's a hotter girl on television right now. Yet, most people have never heard of her.
Seeing her in IGN's tournament thing, I had her pegged for my Final Four, and possibly winning the whole damn thing. She beat Olga Kurylenko in the first round (you should watch Hitman just to see Olga being ridiculously hot) as she should have, but then, she lost to Keeley Hazell in Round 2! the second round?! To Keeley Hazell??!! To Keeley fucking Hazell???!!! Who the fuck is that?? So a quick google search tells you that she's basically some whore from England that made a sex tape. So Yvonne, that shimmering goddess of all things that are good in this world, lost to a big-titted British version of Paris Hilton. You gotta be fucking kidding me. What a god damend joke. Now humanity as a whole has made some poor choices - we elected Bush to be our president, we like Nickelback, we still resist gay marriage - but this is unconsciable. To pick some whore with big boobs that has done absolutely nothing over an ultra attractive, talented actress on a great show.... well that pretty much speaks for itself. Men (and women) all over the world should be ashamed that this has come to pass. I take this as a personal affront. What has happened to us as a race when we're picking Keeley fucking Hazell over Yvonne Strahovski?? A sad day for humanity. And if I ever see this Keeley fucking hazell chick, I'm gonna push her in front of a bus.... or maybe just have her sign a copy of her DVD.

No comments: