Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Some Thoughts as I Prepare for my Triumphant Return to the East Coast

Much has already been written about The Dark Knight, and there isn't much more that I could add. My only problem with the movie was ***SPOILER ALERT*** when Rachel and Harvey somehow get kidnapped.... and we don't even see the kidnapping. What the hell is that? But I love that they didn't cop out and went through with Rachel's death (it kinda needed to happen to complete Two-Face's transformation). And the movie needs to be seen for Heath Ledger's Joker. Just dark, sadistic and utterly twisted - takes the superhero villain to a whole new level. Not a bad way to leave your final mark on this planet.

As I'm leaving Houston, can I just say that there is NOTHING I will miss about this city. It's too humid, it takes ages to drive anywhere, and it's all conservative and junk. This city is urban sprawl personified. The best view of Houston will be seeing it in my rear-view mirror.

As I'm moving back to the East Coast I gotta say that I'm suddenly excited for Jimmy Fallon taking over Conan's late night spot... it'll mean that I can get to bed earlier.

Anyone that even remotely likes AC/DC, Motely Crue, or any other guitar driven bands in the same mold needs to check out Airborne. That's one kick ass band

So I started watching How I Met Your Mother, and I have a few thoughts on the show (err... well on the two episodes I've seen so far):

1) It's good to see Alyson Hannigan back on TV. Loved her on Buffy and in the American Pie movies.

2) Neil Patrick Harris just needs to be in more shit. Between HIMYM, the Harold and Kumar movies, and whatever the hell he's doing with Joss Whedon, Neil Patrick Harris may be the most entertaining man on television.

3) Why have I never heard of Cobie Smulders?? Hot damn!


How awesome does this show look! Fine, I'm a huge dork... I'm comfortable with that.

No comments: